Friday 29 April 2011

Video: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - full trailer - Telegraph

Video: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - full trailer - Telegraph

I know I'm not alone in being excited about this. Yes, I'm a little older than JK's typical reader. Yes, I also like books by Philip Roth and Cormac McCarthy. But the Harry Potter series has been a complete joy.

The books that is. The films have been a little bit inconsistent - more inconsistent than the books (I only admit to feeling one of them is genuinely weaker than the rest, and it is the one with the most stuff packed in it...no5). However, Half Blood Prince, was a wonderful adaptation of the book - spoiled only slightly by the strange reworking of the finer details of the very final scenes when D topples from the tower. HP7 part I was a cut above, almost my favourite so far. No, possibly it was my favourite so far. And going by the snippets of the finale, the series is going to finish in some style.

No comments:

Post a Comment